Monday, December 17, 2012

This is me, so far.

I grew up Minnesota nice

My dad taught me the value of hard work and always doing my best. My mom continues to remind me not to take myself too seriously. My brother shows me how important it is to be passionate about my interests. Together, we know how to have a lot of fun.



Life changed when my dad was diagnosed with ALS

My family started a foundation to raise money to help fund aggressive ALS research. I gained a strong understanding that the people in it are the most important part of my life. Learn more about ALS.



Chicago was close but not too close

I moved to Chicago where I fell in love with writing for public relations and advertising through my courses at DePaul University, not to mention with the city and many of my fantastic friends.


I went around the world in 100 days

I circumnavigated the globe on a ship. It was absolutely as awesome as it sounds. My Semester at Sea essentially served as a sample platter of the world, each place as amazing as the last, each providing a million reasons to return but an understanding that each new adventure I have will teach me more about the world and the people in it, including myself.



Now I work in nonprofit communication and am in business school

I love my job at Feeding America! I get to go to work every day with wonderful, creative people to help people in our country. In September 2012, I started my first quarter of evening classes to earn my MBA at the Kellogg School of Management.



I’m at my best when I’m busy

For now I am taking full advantage of living, laughing, loving, learning, lounging and lunching in the Midwest’s finest. I have way too much fun in Chicago to leave for any extended period of time, but I love to stay connected with my friends and family through trips and other adventures.



   



No comments:

Post a Comment