Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hakuba Winter Wonderland


Talk about a white Christmas! We spent three nights in Hakuba, near Nagano, to celebrate Christmas and ski in the Japanese Alps! Our hotel was a few minutes walk from the Happo-one ski area. It was absolutely gorgeous.


I grew up skiing in the Midwest, so whenever I have the chance to mountain ski it is such a huge treat! However, I am more accident prone than most. On our second day I fell within minutes of arriving―in the parking lot without my skis on yet―and then again later while getting off a chairlift. So while I enjoy skiing, I simultaneously feel it's a bit terrifying. I do my best to stay away from anything remotely resembling black diamond run material and I know when to call it a day and head to the chalet (or perhaps better yet today, the onsen in our hotel!).


No comments:

Post a Comment