Sunday, January 27, 2013

Conference in Atlanta

It has been such a busy month! Thus far in 2013, I have recovered from post Japan-trip jet lag, spent a week in Atlanta for work, celebrated Tim’s birthday, readjusted to school and the winter quarter, and just got back from a family weekend in Wisconsin!

I spent 95 percent of my Atlanta trip at an internal conference held in the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. I really love this hotel. There are seemingly endless features and setups that our conference team can do really amazing work with. Highlight: We used a mobile agenda and gamification app this year to make the conference extremely interactive and as paperless as possible.


Pearson, Pearson, Pearson | Shaped like a peach pit!    
Starbucks break-time gamification check in | Elevator Pitch challenge                            

Last year, I went to the same conference and never left the hotel (!). This year, I made it my mission to actually get out, take a walk, and have dinner somewhere fantastic. White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails came recommended by a colleague and was indeed fantastic contemporary southern cuisine.

I had the soup of the day, the short rib, and a local beer: Max Lager’s White Oak White―but I think I sampled almost the entire menu, thanks to my fellow (generous) diners. The grits, deviled eggs, and fried chicken were also amazing. I went with my boss and a few coworkers, so alas, no pics!

Gorgeous view of Atlanta from my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment